Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fat Burning Menu

Since I am on a 6 week 'cutting' phase, I decided to post a sample menu for a typical day of eating for me during the next 6 weeks (actually, I am in week #2 of this phase)

Breakfast: Peanut Butter Muffin, 1/2 cup applesauce and a 1/4 cup raisins (eaten after my bike ride..no ride, no raisins!)

AM Snack: 3 HB egg whites and 1/2 cup fresh strawberries

Lunch: 1 Serving (about 3 oz of protein) of Turkey Saute with Tomatoes and Basil
1/2 -3/4 cup barley w/ pepper and onion saute
Steamed carrots and broccoli (about 1 1/2 cups total)
Sweet and Sour Cucumber slices

PM Snack: 2 HB egg whites and an apple

Dinner: 3 oz. Grilled Mahi Mahi
1/2 cup barley w/ pepper and onion saute (that's the carb of choice this week)
Large Salad of Romaine and Green leaf lettuce topped with 2-3 baby carrots and Basil Tomatoes and Zucchini and the juice from this as dressing

Evening snack: Strawberry Ice Cream (my recipe) and a few slices of frozen banana

I also take 3 flax oil or fish oil supplements every day along with my multivitamin, calcium supplement and vit c....

This is about 1700 - 1800 calories worth of food...I measure and weigh everything except the veggies... And most of the recipes are on this blog..check the tags to find them..
I change out my proteins and my muffins everyday...depending on what I have in my freezer ready to eat..I usually have at least 5 kinds of protiens and 3 kinds of muffins available to chose from..Another reason to cook in bulk and freeze..LOTS of options each day!

I ride my bike about 80 miles per week (I ride 6 days per week) and I do resistance training 5 days per week - split routines - 3 days uppers (M-W-F) and 2 days legs (T-TH).

No comments:

Post a Comment